Sunday, April 13, 2008

Athens traffic

The traffic in Greece is quite civilized. There are more yellow cabs and buses than anything else it seems. And there is more traffic at 3AM than at 9AM. The streets were brimming with cars and motorcycles last night. This morning there is almost no traffic at all. It seems that most of Europe lives by a different clocks than we Americans do.. I get up at four or five every morning, no matter what continent I am on, no matter the season. It is bedtime that changes. When it gets dark I get sleepy unless I have something to keep me busy.

We have mastered the subway system now. We know which line goes where and which one we want. The subways are very clean. It is nice not to have to look down at where you are going in case of presents or missing pavement. There has been a live band at one of the popular interchanges underground for the past few days. I am betting it is just for the holidays, but you never know. It is wonderful to stop and listen to the music though.

No comments: