Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Second Snow

Snow is beautiful. It coats all the mud with a white blanket and looks so soft and pretty. Waiting for the bus, I see the sunrise has turned the snow pink on the mountain farther up the valley. I don't think I have ever seen this phenomenon before. I have never been where the sun rays touch the ground before they are actually in the sky. It is quite a sight.

These apple trees are right across the road. It rained for quite a while last night and so they are covered with ice first and then snow.
We pass the mountains to the north on the way to school. They are covered with a light dusting of snow. They look like a Christmas card.

Later, when I get to school, the sun is higher in the sky and the snow is looking like it may blanket the town soon.

No comments: